A shotgun that feels and shoots like a Benelli from the moment you pick it up to the moment you break it open. When innovation and inspiration collided the 828U was born – the first over/under worthy of the Benelli badge. With the strength of steel and the weight of aluminum, the 12-gauge 828U has redefined the category.
BENELLI’S PATENTED STEEL LOCKING SYSTEM
Benelli’s patented steel locking system eliminates wear and tear on the receiver and hinge that cause traditional O/U’s to fail. The heart of Benelli’s Steel Locking System is a solid steel breech block that locks directly to the monoblock, containing all pressure from the shotshell and preventing its transfer to the receiver and hinge pins.
OPENING LEVER AUTO RECOCKING
The 828 U triggers reset when the top lever is unlocked instead of by opening the barrels on a traditional over/under—creating a smoother, more consistent opening action. In addition, the ejector system in the 828 U is all contained in the barrel. This design allows for a stronger, more streamlined receiver by eliminating the need for linkages between the trigger group and the forend.
BENELLI’S PROGRESSIVE COMFORT SYSTEM
The Progressive Comfort System is contained within the 828 U walnut stock (shown in the cutaway images here). The flexible and lightweight polymer buffers compress to absorb recoil energy. The heavier the shot load, the more buffers come into play to help absorb and cushion the recoil.
- Crio® choke tubes C, IC, M, IM, F and wrench.
- The stock drop and cast is user-adjustable. Changing shims using this included kit provides a customized sighting plane to fit your unique physical build and shooting style.
- Standard hard case to protect your firearm.
- Benelli’s patented steel locking system eliminates wear and tear on the receiver and hinge that cause the traditional O/U’s to fail. By incorporating this locking system into an aluminum receiver, we created a stronger, safer, lighter, O/U that perfectly balanced and weighs less than 6.5 pounds.
- The ejector system in the 828 U is all contained on the the barrel. Pressure activates the ejector when the shell is fired. This innovative design eliminates need for linkages between the trigger group and the forend, resulting in a stronger, more streamlined ejector system.
- The compact and removable trigger group makes for easier cleaning and eliminates complicated linkage between the forearm and trigger mechanism, significantly increasing reliability.
- Accessories: Manual, Lock
- Action: Over-Under
- Barrel Color: Black
- Barrel Length: 28″
- Barrel Type: Vent Rib
- Capacity: 2
- Chamber: 2 3/4″, 3″
- Choke: C, IC, M, IM, F
- Front Sight: Red Fiber Optic
- Includes: Shim Kit, Removable Trigger Group, Steel Locking System, Crio Chokes & Wrench
- Length Of Pull: 14.75″
- Operating System: Break-Action
- Overall Length: 45.25″
- Shotgun Receiver Color: Nickel
- Stock: Progressive Comfort
- Stock Color: Walnut
- Stock Material: AA-Grade Satin Walnut